A Beginners guide to Guided Surgery and BlueSkyBio
6 hours CPD
Guided implant surgery is a predictable and precise modality to improve the surgical outcome of your cases. The workflow and data capture both clinically and laboratory has been streamlined to provide the clinician with an efficient use of time.
Gain the right knowledge to inform your decisions regarding patient selection and data capture for the fabrication of surgical guides.
Set yourself apart from other competition in your area by adapting latest surgical principles and technology.
In this course we will cover:
● The pros and cons associated with guided surgery and the pitfalls
● The process of data capture and case selection for guided surgery
● Become familiar with the functionality of BlueSkyBio
● Import dicom data and STL data and align/stitch
● Digitally plan a virtual tooth and then place a dental implant relative to the planned prosthetic envelop
● Understand the different type of surgical guides and guided surgical kits
● Understand concepts of guide tubes, offsets and surgical guide drills
● Plan and design the surgical guide
● Exporting and printing your surgical guide
● Identify cost, risk and benefit of guide surgery
● Evaluate and assess how active aligners could benefit your practice
● Full instruction and support to start designing and fabricating your own surgical guides.